Marlin Biweekly Dev & Community Updates – April 2021
Here are the developments for the first half of April 2021.
Here are the developments for the first half of April 2
Here’s what went down during the second half of April!
As always. our discord server is the place to bug us in case you have any queries or want to discuss all things Marlin and Layer 0. For community-related discussions, our Telegram channel is the place to be!
- OpenWeaver now has relays for Cosmos, IRISnet and Polkadot
- Cosmos relays and gateways now exposed in marlinctl
- Created a separate spam checker binary to be run by users for spam checking
- Removed spam checking from the relay nodes, allows them to be much more lightweight since they don’t need blockchain nodes running alongside anymore
- Added a new ABCI for Cosmos to perform spam checking
- New custom RPC method added to Polkadot for spam checking
- Relay nodes now have customizable attesters and witnessers among other things, enabling code reuse and minimizing bugs due to copying things around
- Fixed an issue with historical APRs not getting reset when cluster stops running
- Added a new TCP transport variant that reconnects on failures and tries to maintain persistent connections, as a base for more robust transports in the future
- Released the Marlin Gateway and Relay for Cosmos
With Larvanet already operational for over 3 months for the Ethereum blockchain, we recently announced the availability of the Marlin gateway & relay for Cosmos.
⚡️ Marlin node operators will now also be able to transmit Cosmos data.
🧙 Cosmos validators & full nodes can install the Marlin gateway to interact with the Marlin network.
🌊 FlowMint rewards will be limited to delegators of validators who install the gateway starting mid-May.
⚖️ A governance proposal needs to be passed to divert a % of the staking rewards from delegators and operators who serve ETH towards Cosmos.
A Marlin testnet will be made available for Marlin node operators to calibrate their nodes for Cosmos without requiring the minimum delegation of 0.5 MPond. As always, feel free to share your queries with us on Discord. This is an important milestone in testing the Marlin network’s capability to serve multiple chains simultaneously. We look forward to hearing your feedback and experience.
- Staking Stats
We’re also seeing a steady increase in staking numbers. Over 462 million POND has been staked in the form of MPond (423 MPond equivalent to 423 million POND) and POND (39 million POND) tokens. Stats can be found here (built by one of our community members).
Looking to stake? There are more than 50 cluster operators to choose from. Our dummies guide should get you through the staking process. Reach out to us on Discord if you’re facing any issues, need to clarify doubts or need assistance.
Our dev updates for the first half of April can be found here.
Follow our official social media channels to get the latest updates as and when they come out!
Subscribe to our newsletter.